It's hard to find a carrot cake recipe that is moist and has most of the basic ingredients in your kitchen. Look no further, this cake is moist and oh so easy to make.
What you need:
500 ml All Purpose Cake Flour (2 Cups)
10ml Baking Powder
10ml Bicarbonate of soda
10 ml Cinnamon
500 ml Sugar
250 ml Sunflower oil
750 ml (3 cups) grated carrots
What you do:
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon together
- Mix the eggs and sugar together, add the oil and carrots
- Add all the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly
- Add batter into your Swift Baker ring pan which you have prepared with Non-Stick
- On your gas stove, place the base on the medium burner.
- Place ring pan and dome onto the base.
- Turn the heat between lowest and medium setting.
- Bake for approximately 35 to 40 min or until and knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the ringpan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto your cooling rack.
For the icing:
We all love different types of icing, but this is so easy and fast to make that you will probably only use this one for your carrot cake.
- 125g Cream Cheese
- 20 ml Margarine
- 3/4 Cups Icing Sugar