Scones are usually something that you want to make fast and without a fuss. This recipe is so easy to make and the kids love to help make this treat.
What you need:
- 4 cups All Purpose flour
- 6 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 TBS Caster Sugar
- 2/3 Sunflower Oil (180ml)
- 2 Eggs
- Squirt of lemon juice
- Milk (see method for quantity)
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Place the liquid ingredients (eggs and oil) into a jug with enough milk to make up 500ml of
liquid. Mix well.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and using a fork, mix together. Do not
- Turn the mixture onto a floured surface and kneed just until everything is blended well.
- Pat the dough flat to about 2cm thickness.
- Cut into squares or use a scone cutter.
- Prepare your ring pan with Non-stick Spray.
- Place the scones in the ring pan (we put 6 in at a time, but this will depend on the size of
- Place the ring pan on the Swift Baker base, cover with the dome and turn the gas on high.
- Bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Use the toothpick method to ensure that it is
Scones are best when they are still warm. This recipe is a bit larger than your usual recipes, freeze any leftovers and enjoy on another day when you need a quick snack.